Friday 4 May 2012

Up and Coming work (degree work)

I am currently working on  my degree piece.
The inspiration for my work stems from my research into Japanese tea bowls. I initially looked at the idea of producing a contemporary tea bowl but after some further development, I became more interested in the thought and criteria behind them. The Japanese teach the idea of imperfection and simplicity. Taking a modern look into this I wanted to produce a piece of work that showed this imperfection in a more unique way. I came up with the concept of the tilt.
Instead of the bowl being made with imperfections within the clay body, I made bowls that sit off angle to express this imperfection. I wanted my bowls to be made with eve thickness and have a weight of some kind or and accessory that created the tilt. this keeps the bowl itself pure and simplistic. This is why I introduced metalwork to do this. This developed into functional spoons and additional bowls.





5 comments:

  1. Wenn sie mit anderen essen, neigen die Menschen dazu, mehr zu konsumieren, als sie merken. satta king play bazaar Sie sind so in Gespräche verwickelt und haben eine gute Zeit, sie achten nicht darauf, was sie essen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping track of comments, reviews, and blogs related to your business is an important part of social media marketing. Ganga Cassetes Find The Best Secrets To Achieving Amazing Social Media Marketing Success Here Ganga Music There are many tools that you can take advantage of to alert you when new content about your business is posted. Keeping track of what others, particularly past customers, are saying about you is a great way to identify areas where your business could use improvement. It is also a good way to see which parts of your business have been effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you add some beans to the salsa you'll have an even healthier snack! Play bazaar
    satta king
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose that is an informative claim and it's far rather beneficial and knowledgeable. consequently, i might finally to thank you for the undertakings that you have made in writing this text. all of the content is truly adeptly-researched. thanks.

    Read More:- Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  5. Satta King
    "This is the best blog with all the related information which helps us alot and yes I would also thank to the author for sharing such a wonderful and most impotently the helping information.
    Thank you."
    If Want Play online Satta King Game Click Satta King :-

    ReplyDelete